Posted: Jul 18, 2018
Here is a link to a Citizens Guide detailing what the Army Corps is considering . We found this helpful.
SECTION 106: WHAT IS AN ADVERSE EFFECT?
If a project may alter characteristics that qualify a specific property for inclusion in the National Register in a manner that would diminish the integrity of the property, that project is considered to have an adverse effect. Integrity is the ability of a property to convey its significance, based on its location, design, setting, materials, workmanship, feeling, and association.
Adverse effects can be direct or indirect and include the following:
• physical destruction or damage
• alteration inconsistent with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic
• relocation of the property
• change in the character of the property’s use or setting
• introduction of incompatible visual, atmospheric, or audible elements
• neglect and deterioration
• transfer, lease, or sale of a historic property out of federal control without adequate
• preservation restrictions
Leave A Comment